The seventh annual Clover Classic Benefit Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 25 at Rolling Meadows Golf Club in Covington. Registration will be at 12:30 p.m., followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m.
Proceeds will benefit the Garfield County 4-H program.
It will be a four-person scramble. Cost is $160 per team or $40 per player and includes green fees, cart rental and a meal. Entry deadline is Sept. 22.
A golfer scoring a hole-in-one wins $10,000.
There will be prizes for the first-place team as well as the longest drive and the closest to the hole. There will be a number of door prizes and a putting contest.
For more information, call 237-6811 or (580) 863-2711.
Schmidt 10th in Guthrie race
Bethany Schmidt of Kremlin-Hillsdale was 10th in the girls? Guthrie Invitational race with a time of 6:13 over the one-mile course.
Pioneer boosters social tonight
The Pioneer All-Sports Boosters will hold Meet the Mustangs ice cream social at 7 tonight at the high school cafetorium. All athletes are asked to bring a half-gallon of ice cream to the school about 6:30 p.m.
The boosters will hold a pancake fund-raiser at McDonald?s on Maine and Van Buren from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets will be sold on Meet the Mustangs night. For more information, contact Teresa Buckles at 242-3806.
Junior high league being formed
The Northwest District Amateur Softball Association is forming a fast-pitch league for girls in grades 6-8.
Doubleheaders will be played on Sunday afternoons Sept. 11-Oct. 2.
Team fees will be $155 and player fees will be $10.
Those interested in playing should contact Torrie Vann at 242-1769 or Lydia Johnson at 233-7435. Team entry deadline is Thursday.
Special Olympics social Wednesday
There will be an ice cream social for Cherokee Strip Special Olympics athletes, volunteers and coaches at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Crosslin Park.
Special Olympics competitions will be discussed.
For more information, contact Susan Glasgow at 234-5041.
Plainsmen boosters meet Thursday
There will be an Enid High boys basketball booster club meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday at the school?s lectorium.
All parents and players in grades 9-12 are asked to attend.
The season?s fund-raisers will be discussed.
For more information, call Plainsmen coach Shawn Schenk at 234-2407.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Dorothy Lee Smith, 93, of Enid, passed away Saturday, July 31, 2021. Services are pending with Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home.
The funeral service for Sandra Hickle, 80, will be Saturday, August 7, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. in the Anderson-Burris Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation with family will be 1:00 p.m. Saturday. Burial will be in Memorial Park. www.andersonburris.com
- 140-foot-tall Christmas tree coming to Enid for new 42-day holiday event
- Woman accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from cemetery pleads guilty
- ‘This is one of the best days of my life’: Outlaws win TBL championship in inaugural season
- Longtime PT employee retires after 51 years
- Fire department chief announces retirement
- Enid Freedom Fighters celebrate a year of having 'a voice' in community
- Biles withdraws from gymnastics final to protect team, self
- OU, Texas officially announce they will not renew with Big 12
- UPDATED: Woman wanted in connection with murder arrested, children found safe after Amber Alert
- New state law could keep Enid schools from preventing new COVID cases