The Enid News & Eagle is announcing its increased commitment to area students — kindergarten through college — via its Newspapers In Education program.
This is not a new program, but one that is getting new meaning and life. Newspapers In Education (NIE) dates back to the early 1900s.
At one point, it was referred to as “The Living Textbook” program because of the abundance of current local information a newspaper offers.
With issues of this award-winning community newspaper going to local and area schools each week, this program is a huge undertaking.
Call the circulation department at the Enid News & Eagle, (580) 233-6600, for information about NIE.
This Week's Circulars
November 9, 1953 - June 9, 2019 A service to honor and celebrate the life of Lida Rebecca Moss, 65, of Tulsa, will be 10 a.m. Saturday, July 20, 2019, at the Billings Christian Church, Billings Oklahoma.
December 2, 1925 - July 16, 2019 The Funeral Services celebrating and honoring the life of Queida Jo White, 93, of Enid will be held at 2:00 P.M. Saturday July 20, 2019, in the First Baptist Church of Okeene with Pastor Gaylon Cox officiating. Burial will follow in the Roselawn Cemetery in O…
ENID -- Service will be 11:00 am Monday, July 22, 2019 at Oakwood Christian Church, pastors Alan Seibel and Steve McClaren will officiate. Under the kind guidance of Amy Stittsworth Funeral Service. Remembrances shared online at www.stittsworthfuneralservices.com.
- Enid man charged with lewd acts to child
- Major County woman arrested in connection to murder-for-hire plot
- Woman accused of embezzling more than $15K from employer
- ZZ Top 50th Anniversary Tour coming to Enid
- A decade ago, Keith Butricks disappeared after leaving an Enid bar
- UPDATE: Hideaway Pizza commits to The District; developer "thrilled"
- Former clerk, treasurer for Hunter, Kremlin charged with felony embezzlement
- Kremlin man charged with indecent exposure
- EFD: Randolph fire may have been arson
- Nine years later, shooting death of clerk remains unsolved