The Enid News & Eagle is announcing its increased commitment to area students — kindergarten through college — via its Newspapers In Education program.
This is not a new program, but one that is getting new meaning and life. Newspapers In Education (NIE) dates back to the early 1900s.
At one point, it was referred to as “The Living Textbook” program because of the abundance of current local information a newspaper offers.
With issues of this award-winning community newspaper going to local and area schools each week, this program is a huge undertaking.
Call the circulation department at the Enid News & Eagle, (580) 233-6600, for information about NIE.
This Week's Circulars
Theleta M. Williams, age 72, of Marshall, passed away December 2, 2021. Services are pending with Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home.
The home-going service celebrating and honoring the life of Carol Fitzpatrick, 69, of Enid are pending under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences and special memories may be shared with the family at www.Brown-Cummings.com.
- Chisholm faces kindergarten teacher shortage after 2 resign the same day
- Vance's missing plane possibly found, Enid pastor says
- Osage County landowner objecting to Kaw Lake condemnation award in Thursday hearing
- Medical marijuana industry growing in Oklahoma, 'changing lives'
- Welsh expected to step down as Longhorns head coach
- Riesen to be inducted into OBCA Hall of Fame
- Man arrested on 10 counts of possession of child pornography
- Tree-lighting, holiday events bring tens of thousands to Enid
- Osage Co. landowner's attorneys question need for Enid's planned water pipeline in condemnation hearings
- Statewide mixup over schools' pandemic EBT debit cards leads to local confusion