Man charged with kidnapping, abuse in July domestic

Garfield County Sheriff's Office

ENID, Okla. — A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a 29-year-old Enid man charged Monday with kidnapping and four counts of domestic abuse.

Bond has been denied on the warrant for the arrest of Harold Chad Hoskins, also known as Chad Harold Hoskins, online court records show.

The charges stem from a July incident in which Hoskins is accused of beating, strangling and preventing his girlfriend from leaving a Garber residence, according to the charges. Hoskins is facing felony counts of kidnapping, domestic assault and battery by strangulation and domestic assault and battery resulting in great bodily harm. He also was charged with two misdemeanor counts of domestic abuse-assault and battery.

At 6:52 p.m. July 19, Garfield County Sheriff's Office Deputy Cole Harber was notified to take a phone report of domestic abuse that occurred earlier in Garber, according to an affidavit filed in the case. Harber was told the victim was in the emergency room of the Fairview hospital, and he would be speaking with the victim's uncle.

Harber called the number provided and spoke with the victim's uncle. He told Harber his niece had been assaulted by her boyfriend for three days in Garber, according to the affidavit. The man said Hoskins was her boyfriend. The uncle told the deputy Hoskins broke out three of his niece's teeth, busted her lip and nose and left multiple bruises over her body.

A Fairview Police Department officer took photographs of the woman's injuries and sent them to Harber, according to the affidavit. The woman had bruises to her face, a cut above her eyebrow, bruises on her chest and possibly her neck and a large bruise on the top of her foot. The woman would not allow her mouth to be photographed.

Harber spoke with the victim via speaker phone on the uncle's cellphone, according to the affidavit. She said she was staying with Hoskins at his brother's house in Garber when the abuse occurred.

Harber and other members of the sheriff's office went to the brother's house in Garber but were unable to locate Hoksins or the brother. Checks of other residences and attempts to contact Hoskins through family members also were unsuccessful.

Harber met later with the victim and her uncle at the uncle's residence in Dewey County, according to the affidavit.

The woman said she stayed with Hoskins July 16 at his brother's house in Garber. She said it was the first day and no physical violence occurred, according to the affidavit. She said on the second day she caught Hoskins doing drugs and they began to argue about his use of marijuana and methamphetamine.

The woman said Hoskins began hitting and slapping her because of the argument, according to the affidavit. She said she tried to call her brother to come pick her up, but Hoskins took her cellphone and broke it so she could not call anyone to leave. She said the abuse continued and she eventually slapped him and pushed him down once to get away.

The woman said on the third day, the abuse continued and got worse, according to the affidavit. She said Hoskins continually hit her throughout the day and would not let her sleep. Anytime she attempted to sleep, Hoskins would begin hitting her.

On the fourth day, Hoskins hit her in the face, busting her lip and nose causing her to bleed from the nose, according to the affidavit. She said Hoskins busted her nose open multiple times and then choked her until she lost consciousness and his brother made him stop.

She said she woke up and Hoskins was hitting her and his brother was trying to make him stop, according to the affidavit. She said she attempted to leave but Hoskins would not let her.

The woman said Hoskins' brother took her to his grandmother's house on the morning of July 19 to get her away from Hoskins, according to the affidavit. She said she showered and slept there until the afternoon. She said the brother arranged for a friend of his to drive her back to Fairview.

Harber asked the woman about her injuries, specifically the teeth she lost, according to the affidavit. The woman said she did not want anyone to see because it was "embarrassing and degrading."

Click for the latest, full-access Enid News & Eagle headlines | Text Alerts | app downloads

Rains is police and court reporter for the Enid News & Eagle. Follow him on Twitter, @cassrains.
Have a question about this story? Do you see something we missed? Do you have a story idea for Cass? Send an email to

React to this story:


Recommended for you