An 11-year-old Enid boy was in critical condition Monday after his bicycle crashed into a car.
Garin Hitchcock, 11, suffered a broken leg and a head injury and was in critical condition at Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Hitchcock was treated at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center then flown to Oklahoma City after the 10 a.m. crash near 900 E. Elm.
A witness told police Hitchcock was riding his bicycle when he turned onto the 900 block of East Elm and crashed into a car driven by Paul Edward McKinney.
The witness said he didn't see the boy check for traffic as he came from behind parked cars, according to an Enid Police Department report.
Witnesses told police the boy hit the windshield and somersaulted onto the street.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
AMES — Funeral services for Alta "June" Wood will be 2:00p.m. Sunday, April 18, 2021, at Ames Church of Christ. Burial follows in Ames Cemetery. Visitation is 4:00-6:00p.m. Saturday, April 17, 2021, at Henninger-Hinson Funeral Home. www.enidwecare.com
- Mooreland juvenile killed in Woodward County crash
- Enid woman charged with assault, battery with dangerous weapon
- Enid brewery is set to offer an overnight downtown stay as part of its expansion
- Inhofe comes under fire at state GOP convention
- Enid is looking to become more 'film-friendly' awaiting boosts from the state
- Boy Scout earns Eagle rank after restoring Enid's Statue of Liberty replica
- Enid man arrested on complaints of attempted armed robbery, shooting from moving vehicle
- Garfield County Court House makes security changes, closes all but 1 door
- Cattle drive to celebrate Chisholm Trail, famous border town
- Outlaws roster features local talent