By Robert Barron Staff Writer
Enid merchants can pick up some valuable advice later this month when Scott Day comes to Enid to discuss store design.
Day is sponsored by National Trust's Main Street Center.
He will present a workshop 6:30 p.m. July 28 at Cherokee Strip Conference Center. Day will discuss use of inventory, floor planning and visual merchandising.
The public is invited to attend the workshop, which is free.
On July 27, Day will meet with merchants who sign up to consult with them on how to increase interest in their stores.
"It's good for small business owners. Often, they don't have the resources that large retail businesses do," said Lindy Chambers, Enid Main Street program manager.
Day owns a firm specializing in design management and retail economics for commercial realization, said Tracey Tyrone of Oklahoma Main Street Center.
Day specialized in urban design, community planning and development for University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Agency.
He regularly conducts training sessions on urban planning issues, architectural restoration, sales leakage analysis and business recruitment and retention. He emphasizes development of existing businesses and ways to grow those businesses into larger concerns while diversifying the economic base with recruitment of new, complementary enterprises.
By Robert Barron Staff Writer
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
ENID - Funeral 2 p.m., Friday, Sept. 25, 2020, First Christian Church of Pond Creek, Pastor Bobby Hall officiating. Visitation 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020, at Stittsworth Funeral Service. Masks required at both. www.stittsworthfuneralservices.com
GOLTRY - ]Service will be 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020, at the Timberlake High School. Arrangements, Lanman Funeral Home Inc., Helena. Viewing - Friday 10-7:30, family present 6-7:30 www.lanmanmemorials.com Facebook: Lanman Funeral Home Inc.
ENID - Funeral service is 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, in the Anderson-Burris Funeral Home Chapel. Burial in Memorial Park Cemetery. Donald was born Nov. 23, 1925, and passed away Sept. 23, 2020. Online guestbook www.andersonburris.com
ENID - Services for Jerry D. Dunkin, age 77, of Enid, will be 2 p.m. Saturday at the Ladusau-Evans Chapel. Burial will follow in the Memorial Park Cemetery under the direction of Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home.
NORMAN - Norma Chapman Franke, age 80, died Monday, Sept. 21, 2020. A graveside service will be at 2p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, at Memorial Park Cemetery in Enid. Arrangements by Havenbrook Funeral Home-Norman. Share condolences online: www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com.
- COVID-19 cases skyrocket past 400 in Fort Supply; state sees gain of 1,003, with 12 in Garfield County
- Sex offender registers with EPD
- Garfield County remains in moderate risk for COVID-19, as case averages fall
- City responds to complaints surrounding downtown Breezeway area, homelessness
- UPDATED: Hoover class goes virtual after positive COVID-19 test
- Oklahoma gains 1,101 COVID-19 cases, a third of those in Fort Supply as outbreak continues at prison
- Goltry man dies in Monday accident
- One dead, Enid man injured in Mayes County accident
- OSDH: Oklahoma COVID-19 positives up by 1,237; Fort Supply jump reflects hundreds of prison cases
- OSBI: Enid city official under investigation for inappropriate behavior