By Cass Rains
Enid police are investigating the circumstances of a call received Wednesday night involving an unresponsive 2-year-old boy.
Enid Police Department Capt. Jim Nivison said police received a call about 8:26 p.m. Wednesday concerning an injured child at an east side residence.
Police, fire and Life EMS personnel were sent to the scene, and the boy, who was unresponsive when officials arrived, was revived and transported to St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, Nivison said. The boy later was taken to OU Children’s Hospital in Oklahoma City, were he remains.
“We are investigating the nature and the cause of the injuries,” Nivison said.
The boy was listed in critical condition, Nivison said.
By Cass Rains
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
The homegoing service celebrating the life of Wilbur Pitts will be 10 a.m. today in the Brown-Cummings Funeral Home Chapel. Services under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences and special memories may be shared online at www.Brown-Cummings.com.
November 27, 1940 - September 08, 2020[br]A Celebration of Life for Carole Kay Unruh, will be held at a later date. Carole Kay Unruh, of Enid passed away September 8, 2020. She was born November 27, 1940 in Ashland, Kansas to Theodore and Relnah (Reinhart) Stranghoner. She graduated from Ash…
ENID - Services for Lavada June Bennett, 83, Enid, are 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020, at Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home with burial at 2 p.m. in Byron-Amorita Cemetery, Byron, Okla. Condolences to www.ladusauevans.com.
- UPDATE: Police resolve issue prompting Garfield Elementary lockout; dismissal to commence as normal
- One dead, Enid man injured in Mayes County accident
- OSDH: 75% of Oklahoma in moderate risk for COVID-19; 12 more deaths, including Enid man, announced
- UPDATED: After downtown dilemma, city, nonprofit leaders taking on Enid's homelessness issue
- OSDH: State tops 80,000 cumulative COVID-19 cases; 8 more deaths announced Wednesday
- Oklahoma tops 1,000 deaths associated with COVID-19
- Sex offender registers with EPD
- Enid High game vs. Jenks postponed due to COVID-19 exposure
- Updated: Plainsmen game canceled at last moment due to COVID-19 exposure
- DOC: COVID-19-positive inmate dies in outbreak at Fort Supply prison