A second Enid man has been charged as an accessory after the fact in connection with an Oklahoma City murder.

Treylon Alonzo Haley, 19, initially was charged with misdemeanor obstructing an officer, but that charge was dismissed by prosecutors and re-filed as a felony charge.

Haley is accused of aiding occasional Enid resident Ronnie Fuston avoid prosecution in the murder of 42-year-old Michael Donnell Rhodes in Oklahoma County.

He was charged with the misdemeanor Jan. 16 for allegedly lying to Enid Police Department detectives. However, that charge was dismissed Wednesday.

Documents identify suspect in murder of Heath Crites

Fuston was arrested Jan. 9 on a warrant for first-degree murder for the shooting death of Rhodes. Oklahoma City police learned Fuston contacted someone in Enid, later identified as Haley, to recover and dispose of a gun used in the murder, according to court documents filed in the case. The gun used in the Oklahoma City shooting also is believed to have been used in the Dec. 22 homicide of 24-year-old Heath Crites on East Columbia in Enid.

According to an affidavit filed in the case, Fuston contacted Haley by phone from Oklahoma County jail, asking him to go to his “mama’s” house and get the “hammers,” which is slang for handguns. Haley then contacted Ivan Alexander Williamson, who picked up the guns and sold one of them to another man.

Haley appeared before Special District Judge Brian Lovell for arraignment Thursday. Lovell raised his bond from $50,000 to $250,000.

Williamson, who also is charged with accessory after the fact in the Oklahoma City murder, also appeared Thursday via video from Garfield County Detention Facility.

Attorney Ron Jones, who made a special appearance in Williamson’s case, waived formal reading of the charges. Jones told the court Williamson’s family was attempting to retain him as counsel.

“I would ask the court to reduce bond considerably,” Jones said.

Assistant District Attorney Irene Asai asked the judge to keep Williamson’s bond where it initially was set.

“The defendant is charged with a very serious crime and the state believes the bond should remain set at $250,000,” Asai said.

“As does the state,” Lovell said. “Bond will remain set at $250,000.”

Haley and Williamson both were ordered to return to court Feb. 25 for bond appearances. Both men face five to 45 years imprisonment on the charges.

According to an affidavit filed in both cases, Oklahoma City Police Department detectives were investigating an Oct. 20, 2012, homicide in which a Taurus .45-caliber handgun was used. During their investigation, they learned Fuston was their suspect. A warrant was issued and he was arrested Jan. 9 in Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City detectives learned the gun used in the homicide might be hidden in a vehicle in Enid. Detectives came to Enid searching for the gun and contacted Enid detectives, who said the gun used in Crites’ killing also was a Taurus .45-caliber handgun.

Shell casings from the two crime scenes were compared, and it was determined they were fired from the same gun, according to the affidavit. The findings also showed the markings were consistent with a Taurus firearm.

On Jan. 10, EPD Detective Tim Doyle spoke with Haley. Haley said he received a call from Fuston about moving the guns, but he never relayed the message and did not help move the guns, according to the affidavit. However, because of the conversation and Haley’s apparent knowledge of the guns’ whereabouts Doyle said he believed Haley was lying, according to the affidavit.

On Jan. 11, Doyle spoke with Haley again. Haley said he spoke with Fuston Jan. 9. After receiving the call, he contacted another man, who then contacted Williamson about moving the gun, according to the affidavit. Haley denied having knowledge of the where the guns were hidden.

Doyle spoke with Williamson Jan. 11 and explained to him he did not believe he was involved in the Oklahoma City homicide, but believed he did move the gun after the fact. Doyle told Williamson as long as he was helpful and truthful, he would not be charged.

Williamson took Doyle to his home at 1420 W. Oklahoma and gave him a Hi-Point model JHP .45-caliber black semi-automatic handgun and said it was the only gun he retrieved, according to the affidavit. After repeated questioning about a second gun, Williamson assured Doyle the gun he’d given him was the only one, according to the affidavit.

Williamson said he was contacted by a man he only knows as “Dolla Child,” who police know to be Haley, about picking up the guns from 321 E. Wabash, Fuston’s mother’s house, according to the affidavit.

Williamson gave police access to his Facebook account and Doyle found a private message between Williamson and another man discussing the sale of two handguns, including a .45-caliber Taurus, the affidavit states. Doyle returned to Williamson’s home and placed him under arrest on a complaint of accessory to murder after the fact.

Williamson then spoke with Enid and Oklahoma City detectives.

He said he sold the Taurus .45 to the man he spoke with on Facebook the night before at a friend’s house, documents show. He told them he obtained the Taurus .45 pistol Jan. 9. He said he also went and got another gun from a lot at 6th and Ohio, where Fuston keeps his dogs.

Williamson said he had been walking with Fuston in Enid’s Southern Heights neighborhood about two weeks before, and Fuston told him he shot the man on Columbia, according to the affidavit. Williamson said Fuston asked if he had heard about the Enid shooting on Columbia. Williamson said he’d heard about it, and Fuston pointed to himself and said he shot the man.

Williamson then told Doyle that Fuston said he shot the wrong person, according to the affidavit.

React to this story: