Enid police arrested a man Tuesday morning for allegedly stabbing his wife at a local park.
Terry Leon Sears, 57, of Enid, was arrested on complaints of assault with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to kill and violation of a protective order after he stabbed his wife, Helpina Sears, 23, in the leg and arm. Several witnesses saw the attack, which occurred at 10:40 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of East Maple, Enid Police Department Sgt. Eric Holtzclaw said.
She was treated and released from St. Mary's Regional Medical Center.
The emergency protective order was filed by Helpina Sears June 23.
Witnesses said Terry Sears approached his wife and began talking to her, then the woman began running away, according to an EPD report. As she reached the vehicle of a relative, Sears stabbed her several times with what they believe was a knife, according to the report.
Terry Sears fled after the incident and was arrested by police at 6 a.m. Tuesday.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
ENID — Private family graveside service for Judy Cannon, 92 will be at a later date. Survived by son and his wife, Eddy and Cathy Cannon. Cremation arrangements by Anderson-Burris Funeral Home and Crematory, Enid.
ENID — Celebration of Life 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021 in Anderson-Burris Funeral Home Chapel with burial in Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Fairmont, OK. Wandalene was born October 18, 1930 and passed away Saturday, April 10, 2021. www.andersonburris.com.
OKEENE — January 11, 1935- April 10, 2021, age 86. Services will be held Wednesday, April 14 at 10:00 a.m. at Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church in Watonga, OK. Wilkinson Mortuary in charge of arrangements.
December 23, 1956 - April 8, 2021 Larry Dean Arnold, 64-year-old Bison resident, passed away April 8, 2021, at his home in Bison, with his loving family by his side. He was born December 23, 1956, to Glen and Virginia (Wylie) Arnold in Pampa, Texas. After graduating from Wakita High School i…
- Enid man arrested on complaints of attempted armed robbery, shooting from moving vehicle
- Enid man arrested in child pornography case
- Suddenlink to reopen Thursday following notice of license revocation from tax commission
- OSDH: Oklahoma reports 1,300 extra COVID-19 cases, 1,716 deaths Wednesday due to 'reconciled data'
- Chisholm High principal, assistant principal resign from posts; district board OKs replacements
- Enid is looking to become more 'film-friendly' awaiting boosts from the state
- Enid man dies after Saturday morning fire
- Commission leaves ordinance proposal on the table, but will create exploratory committee of racial data
- OHP: Waukomis man injured in one-vehicle crash in Kingfisher County
- Inhofe comes under fire at state GOP convention