A Cimarron High School senior died after the dirt bike he was riding crashed head-on into another bike.
Keagan K. Booze, 17, of Lahoma, died from neck injuries he suffered when his Honda XR100R collided with a Yahama TTR125L driven by Gregory L.E. Pekrul, 17, also of Lahoma, according to an Oklahoma Highway Patrol report.
Pekrul was treated at Integris Bass Baptist Health Center for arm and leg in-juries and released, according to the report.
Cimarron Public Schools Superinten-dent Steve Walker said ministers and counselors came to the high school Friday morning to speak to students about their classmate's death.
Walker said he talked to students about grieving, and by day's end students seemed to be handling the situation better.
"It's pretty emotional," Walker said. "We're just praying for the family. We'll get through this."
The boys were seven miles south of La-homa on Stabe Road. Booze was traveling north and Pekrul was riding south when they collided about 8:30 p.m. OHP cited lack of lights on the bikes as the cause of the wreck.
Booze was not wearing a helmet and the impact ejected both drivers an unknown distance, according to the report.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Funeral services for David O'Neal are at Ladusau Evans Funeral Home on Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. David's blessings included wife Susan; children, Misty and Michael; grandchildren, Sarah, Rebecca, Bailey, Corbin; and great-grandchild, Diane. ladusauevans.com
The funeral service for Wanda will be 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 29, 2021, in Henninger-Hinson Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Waukomis Cemetery. Viewing is 8-8 p.m. today at the funeral home. Memorials to OMRF-Alzheimer's Division. www.enidwecare.com
A Celebration of Life Service for Barbara S. Humphrey of Enid will be 2:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Ladusau-Evans Chapel. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home.
Services for David O'Neal, of Enid, are 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home. His family will receive friends from 7-8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27th, at the funeral home. Condolences to www.ladusauevans.com.
- Retail-apartment mixed development planned at Willow, Van Buren
- Two Enid schools among six in state honored as national Blue Ribbon Schools
- Waukomis man charged with manslaughter
- Enid News & Eagle Readers Choice winners for 2021
- Currier selected as new fire chief
- City proposing making Park block a First Amendment public forum, in counter to letter
- Parking pass program for parks brings in less than expected
- EPS quarantine policy goes unchanged, despite local Health Dept. recommendations
- Mustangs fall at home to Laverne 38-14
- Community meant much to Farrell, friends say