An afternoon fire at 7202 Ventris caused about $14,000 of damage Thursday.
Firefighters receive an emergency call about 2:23 p.m. and were on the scene about 10 minutes later. The fire was contained to the chimney or flu of the home, and firefighters had the blaze under control by 3:16 p.m., according to an Enid Fire Department report.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. About $10,000 of the damage was to the house and about $4,000 damage was done to its contents.
Firefighters also were forced to return to another home early Thursday, after battling a fire there earlier Wednesday.
Firefighters returned to 221 W. Vine about 12:11 a.m. after the fire reignited, according to an EFD report.
When firefighters arrived, flames were showing from the roof edge and over the home’s front window. Firefighters ventilated the roof of the home to uncover smoldering sheathing and sprayed the entire underside of the roof with foam, the report states. Firefighters remained on scene for about an hour to ensure hot spots did not reignite.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Doris Coleen Payne, age 83, of Enid, passed away January 16, 2022. Services are pending with Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home.
The funeral for Ladye Travis "Bootsie" Brown, 96 will be at 1:30 PM Tuesday January 18, 2022 at First Christian Church in Hennessey. Burial will follow at Hennessey Cemetery under the direction of Cordry-Gritz Funeral Home.
Graveside service for Carol Janssen will be 2:00 p.m. Saturday, January 22, 2022, at Memorial Park Cemetery in the Garden Chapel. Arrangements are by Anderson-Burris Funeral Home & Crematory. www.andersonburris.com.
- District movie theater plans fall through; city OKs $1.9M for dept. store building deal
- 'Wake up, downtown Enid': New nightclub opens on Randolph
- Man pleads guilty to 2nd-degree murder in death of 14-year-old
- Local pastor enjoys operating Enid's New York-style hot dog cart
- Chisholm, other schools close or go virtual for remainder of week
- Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses
- City to consider incentive proposal for District dept. store Wednesday
- Helm named Grant Co. undersheriff, leaving Garfield Co. election board after less than a year
- Police ID man found dead on NOC Enid campus
- Court: Oklahoma rail crossing law violates federal authority