By Cass Rains Staff Writer
An Enid man involved in a fatality traffic accident early Thursday was not charged in Garfield County District Court Friday but will face charges once a chemical toxicology test is complete, officials said.
Nicholas Dylon Patton, 20, was the driver of a 1990 Nissan Sentra involved in the death of David Allen Poslick, a 46-year-old Enid resident.
Patton turned himself in to Enid police at 1:17 a.m.; however, the accident occurred sometime between midnight and 12:43 a.m., when police responded to several calls reporting a body lying on the roadway.
Patton was booked into jail on complaints of leaving the scene of a fatality accident, failing to render aid, immediate notification of accident and obstructing an officer.
A blood sample was taken from Patton when he arrived at the station.
Assistant District Attorney Stefanie Hampton said in court Friday Patton admitted to Enid police he smoked marijuana sometime before the accident occurred.
A preliminary investigation indicated Patton and another person were taking Poslick home after he reportedly consumed alcohol, according to an Enid Police Department report. The vehicle made a wrong turn, and after a verbal altercation Poslick left the vehicle, EPD Capt. Jim Nivison said.
Poslick apparently stepped off the curb into the path of Patton's car, which had begun moving forward
Charges against Patton could be amended by Garfield County District Attorney's Office. Charges could be filed within about two weeks, once the results of the blood toxicology test are known, officials said.
By Cass Rains Staff Writer
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
ENID — Private family graveside service for Judy Cannon, 92 will be at a later date. Survived by son and his wife, Eddy and Cathy Cannon. Cremation arrangements by Anderson-Burris Funeral Home and Crematory, Enid.
ENID — Celebration of Life 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021 in Anderson-Burris Funeral Home Chapel with burial in Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Fairmont, OK. Wandalene was born October 18, 1930 and passed away Saturday, April 10, 2021. www.andersonburris.com.
OKEENE — January 11, 1935- April 10, 2021, age 86. Services will be held Wednesday, April 14 at 10:00 a.m. at Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church in Watonga, OK. Wilkinson Mortuary in charge of arrangements.
December 23, 1956 - April 8, 2021 Larry Dean Arnold, 64-year-old Bison resident, passed away April 8, 2021, at his home in Bison, with his loving family by his side. He was born December 23, 1956, to Glen and Virginia (Wylie) Arnold in Pampa, Texas. After graduating from Wakita High School i…
- Enid man arrested on complaints of attempted armed robbery, shooting from moving vehicle
- Enid man arrested in child pornography case
- Suddenlink to reopen Thursday following notice of license revocation from tax commission
- OSDH: Oklahoma reports 1,300 extra COVID-19 cases, 1,716 deaths Wednesday due to 'reconciled data'
- Chisholm High principal, assistant principal resign from posts; district board OKs replacements
- Enid is looking to become more 'film-friendly' awaiting boosts from the state
- Enid man dies after Saturday morning fire
- Commission leaves ordinance proposal on the table, but will create exploratory committee of racial data
- OHP: Waukomis man injured in one-vehicle crash in Kingfisher County
- Inhofe comes under fire at state GOP convention