ENID, Okla — Enid city commissioners will consider amending the municipal code concerning marijuana possession during their regular meeting Tuesday night.
The amendment would bring the city in line with the state when new medical marijuana laws take effect Aug. 30, according to the meeting agenda.
People found in possession of marijuana without a license may be released on their own recognizance, according to the amendment. It also lowers the penalty for possession of up to 1.5 ounces of marijuana without a medical marijuana licenses to $400 and on prison time.
Commissioners also will vote:
• To purchase 11 2020 police all-wheel drive pursuit vehicles from Stevens Ford for $473,760.54.
• To approve 15 permanent utility and waterline easements related to the Kaw Lake water pipeline project.
• To go into executive session "to discuss the creation of an economic development proposal to assist in bringing businesses to Enid, because public disclosure could interfere with the development of the proposal and could violate the confidentiality of the businesses ..."
During their study session, commissioners will:
• Hear an update on the downtown art project "Under Her Wing was the Universe" by artist Romy Owens.
• Hear an update on the Kaw Lake waterline project.
• Discuss a design amendment for the Kaw Lake project.
The study session will be 5 p.m. Tuesday in the lower-level conference room of the city administration building, 401 W. Garriott. The regular meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. in commission chambers. Both meetings are open to the public.