As featured on
Know how recent columns have touched on the topic of supernovae — explosions of stars? Well, it just so happens Betelgeuse is probably the next star in our galaxy to go supernova.
Think about how much energy, and how much light, that those stars produce for us to be able to see them from so far away. Stars are indeed incredible powerhouses.
This Week's Circulars
ENID - Patricia Susan Wagner, 74, of Enid, passed away on Tuesday, January 19, 2021, in Enid. Services are pending with Anderson-Burris Funeral Home & Crematory.
ENID - A private family graveside for Bonnie Williams will be at 1:00 p.m. today at the Fairview Cemetery under the direction of Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home. Family has requested everyone wear a mask and socially distance.
ALVA - Graveside services for Robert Eugene "Shorty" Koehn, are 10:00 a.m. Saturday, January 23, 2021, at the West New Hopedale Cemetery north of Ringwood. Interment is under the direction of Marshall Funeral Home of Alva.
- OSDH: 3,314 new COVID-19 cases, 35 deaths, including Enid resident, Sunday
- OSDH: Garfield County women among 43 virus-related deaths reported Friday; all 77 counties in moderate risk level
- OSDH: 2 Enid men among 48 COVID-19-related deaths reported
- OSDH: Oklahoma tops 3,000 virus-related deaths; NW Oklahoma sees 4 deaths
- Former associate pastor in Enid dies of COVID-19 while at home in India
- OSDH: State nears 200,000 vaccines given as COVID-19 cases, deaths continue to rise
- Former Grant County deputy files lawsuit against sheriff, county commissioner
- Chisholm will not adopt Stitt's COVID-19 quarantine guidance
- Donor pledges money for sheriff's office K-9
- Fairview man dies of accident injuries