More than 30 protesters were walking in the downtown Enid area during the noon hour Tuesday, June 2, 2020, as part of the #BlackLivesMatter movement nationwide following the death of George Floyd after he was pinned underneath the knee of a Minnesota police officer May 25.
As featured on
The protestors stopped on the steps of the Garfield County Court House and chanted “I can’t breathe,” a reference to Floyd saying that to the surrounding officers, as cars passed by, some honking at the group.
Another demonstration in Enid is planned for noon Sunday in front of the administration building, at 401 W. Garriott. Enid resident Demetrius Office also is planning a town hall meeting with city officials and leaders, set for 6 p.m. Thursday at Stride Bank Center.
This Week's Circulars
The Services Celebrating and Honoring the life of Dan Montague, 67, of Enid are pending under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences and special memories may be made online at WWW.Brown-Cummings.com
Services Celebrating the life of Walter "Walt" Cornwell, 75, Enid, will be held privately. Complete Cremation Care and services are under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences and Special memories may be shared online at WWW.Brown-Cummings.com
RINGWOOD - Service will be Tuesday, July 14, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. at Faith Center Fellowship in Meno. Burial in Cedar Cemetery with arrangements by Lanman Funeral Home, Inc. of Helena. www.lanmanmemorials.com Facebook: Lanman Funeral Home Inc.
- Police seeking Texas homicide fugitive
- Two killed early Thursday in ATV crash near Ringwood
- LETTER: It's time to change the Enid High School mascot
- OSDH: New single-day record increase with 858 news cases, 5 new deaths
- OSDH: More COVID-19 deaths, with 9 new Garfield County cases
- City of Enid to consider mask mandate
- Enid man injured in Tuesday morning crash
- OSDH: 673 new COVID-19 cases in state, 3 deaths
- Enid man dies from injuries sustained in June 30 incident
- OSDH: 603 new COVID-19 cases in Oklahoma, 7 in Garfield County