A ribbon-cutting was held to officially user in the downtown artwork project "Under Her Wings Was the Universe" on Saturday, July 25, 2020.
❝When I watch this video, when I watch the women filing out of her wing one after another, strong, courageous, compassionate, wise, generous, and resilient, I cry. Every time, I cry. Thank you, dear friends, for championing this project from beginning to end. Saturday was truly special, and I am grateful not only for these women but every woman who has stood by my side. I hope you'll support me again when I launch my next project. And I hope you will take bold and daring risks in all that you pursue.❞ — Artist Romy Owens
As featured on
❝The women who participated were all remarkable advocates for me and this project. It was beautiful to share this moment with them, and I'm honored by their support.❞ — Romy Owens, artist
This Week's Circulars
ENID - Services for Lavada June Bennett, 83, of Enid, are 10 a.m., Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home with burial following at 2:00 pm in Byron-Amorita Cemetery. Condolences may be made at www.ladusauevans.com.
The Homegoing celebrating the life of Wilbur Pitts, will be held 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020, in the Brown-Cummings Funeral Home Chapel. Services under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences may be shared online at WWW.Brown-Cummings.com
TONKAWA - Memorial service 1 p.m., Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, Christian Life Church, Tonkawa. Memorial contributions to Christian Life Church, 115 W. Grand, Tonkawa, OK 74653. Arrangements under the guidance of Amy Stittsworth Funeral Service. Remembrances @www.stittsworthfuneralservices.com.
- COVID-19 cases skyrocket past 400 in Fort Supply; state sees gain of 1,003, with 12 in Garfield County
- Sex offender registers with EPD
- UPDATE: Police resolve issue prompting Garfield Elementary lockout; dismissal to commence as normal
- One dead, Enid man injured in Mayes County accident
- Oklahoma gains 1,101 COVID-19 cases, a third of those in Fort Supply as outbreak continues at prison
- City responds to complaints surrounding downtown Breezeway area, homelessness
- UPDATED: Hoover class goes virtual after positive COVID-19 test
- Goltry man dies in Monday accident
- OSDH: State tops 80,000 cumulative COVID-19 cases; 8 more deaths announced Wednesday
- DOC: COVID-19-positive inmate dies in outbreak at Fort Supply prison