A nation struck by terror Sept. 11, 2001, pauses in 2020, 19 years after the attacks on the twin towers in New York and the Pentagon and the crashed hijacked plane in Pennsylvania, to remember those lost and those whose lives were forever changed.
Coming to Enid in 1993, weeks before the Land Run of 1893 centennial, I fell in love with the heritage. I started as Enid News & Eagle education, legislative and business reporter, was promoted to news editor in 1999 and currently am digital coordinator.
As featured on
The sad roll call was to pause only four times: to mark the times when the first plane struck the World Trade Center, when the second plane struck, when the first tower fell and when the second tower fell.
NEW YORK — The nation's gathering war against a new upsurge in Islamic terror hung heavy ove…
This Week's Circulars
WAUKOMIS - Graveside services for Jerre Lollman, 57, of Waukomis will be Wednesday, January 27, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. in Waukomis Cemetery. Visitation with the family present will be Tuesday 5:00-6:00 p.m. at Anderson-Burris Funeral Home. www.andersonburris.com
The services Celebrating and Honoring the life of Charles Wylie, 49, of Ponca City, are pending. Condolences may be shared with the family online at www.EnidCremation.com.
The services Celebrating and Honoring Patricia Jones, of Enid, will be held 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 26, 2021, in the Brown-Cummings Funeral Home Chapel under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences may be shared online at www.Brown-Cummings.com.
The memorial services Celebrating and Honoring the life of Paul Williams, 64, of Enid, will be held privately under the direction of Brown-Cummings Funeral Home. Condolences and special memories may be shared with the family online at www.Brown-Cummings.com
- Local mobile vet facing 7 criminal charges
- OSDH: 2 Enid men among 48 COVID-19-related deaths reported
- OSDH: Hennessey woman among 55 COVID-19-related deaths
- Oklahoma reports 2,946 new COVID-19 cases, 47 deaths; OSDH comments on new strains
- Former associate pastor in Enid dies of COVID-19 while at home in India
- 'Brothers in Arms'
- Forgotten Ministries facing pushback over attempt to improve downtown homeless issue
- OSDH: Oklahoma tops 3,000 virus-related deaths; NW Oklahoma sees 4 deaths
- OSDH: 3,314 new COVID-19 cases, 35 deaths, including Enid resident, Sunday
- Former Grant County deputy files lawsuit against sheriff, county commissioner