Weekends on Maine is a partnership between Main Street Enid and Enid Brewing Co. that strives to bring the Farmers Market culture to downtown Enid with local vendors, food, music and art. Vendors participated from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 15, 2021, at the event on Maine, between Washington and Indpendence. The even will be held monthly during the third Saturday of the month through September.
Coming to Enid in 1993, weeks before the Land Run of 1893 centennial, I fell in love with the heritage. I started as Enid News & Eagle education, legislative and business reporter, was promoted to news editor in 1999 and currently am digital coordinator.
This Week's Circulars
The funeral for Kevin Randles, 58-year-old Enid resident, is 10:00 a.m. Saturday, October 23, 2021, in the Henninger-Hinson Chapel. Burial will follow in Memorial Park Cemetery.
There will be a private family service for Buddy Lowe, 84-year-old Enid resident, at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Henninger-Hinson Funeral Home.
The funeral for Iva "Louise" Hoskins, 97-year-old former Enid resident, is pending under the direction of Henninger-Hinson Funeral Home.
- 2 die in early morning, fiery crash in downtown Enid
- Giant Christmas tree arrives after braving elements on cross-country trek
- Crash injures 2 near Hennessey
- Kremlin man dies after being injured in accident
- Adult daycare open for business in Enid
- Stride Bank Center general manager leaving Enid for Lake Tahoe; successor already hitting the ground running
- 10th annual Wine & Chocolate Festival set for Saturday
- Family-friendly event planned Wednesday for arrival of Christ Tree
- New interim HC leads Pacers into regional tournament
- Putting it together: LA artist Kiptoe begins work on 'bold' skate park mural