Enid AA season ends in loss
BARTLESVILLE -- The Enid AA American Legion baseball team saw its season come to an end Sunday afternoon.
The Enid AA's lost 8-0 to Poteau in the American Legion AA state tournament, dropping their overall record to 21-15.
Enid coach James Peoples said he was pleased with his team's overall performance in the tournament. The AA's won two games before falling to Shattuck Saturday and Poteau Sunday.
"They over-achieved; since Day 1, they've improved a lot," Peoples said of his team. "They just didn't show up today."
Enid pitchers Dylan Nave and Eddie Cumpston combined to walk eight Poteau batters and hit three. They also allowed 10 hits and the Enid defense committed three errors.
"When you put 11 on base like we did, it's hard to compete and win," Peoples said.
Zach Gonzalez and Nave had Enid's two hits.
Speed camp set for athletes of all sports
The fourth annual Enid Speed -- Agility Camp, begins today.
The camp will include drills designed to improve acceleration, body control, change of direction, foot quickness, jumping and lateral speed. These skills are necessary to succeed in many sports.
Participants should dress in shorts, T-shirts and running shoes or cleats.
Frequent water breaks are encouraged, and water bottles are welcome.
The camp will run 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. each Monday through Thursday through July 28. Athletes may attend one or both weeks at a cost of $30 per week. Weekly payments will be accepted.
The camp will be held at the Waller Junior High School track. Participants should arrive early the first day so their parents can sign the proper paperwork before training begins.
The staff includes Enid High School assistant track coach Scott Fitzgerald and EHS assistant baseball coach Dennom Sullivan.
Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, contact Fitzgerald at 542-3059 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.enidspeedcamp.com.
EJRT youth football coaches meeting Tuesday
An Enid Joint Recreation Triad youth football coaches meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Public Library of Enid and Garfield County.
For more information, call Scott Clemens at 580-747-5246.
Enid AA season ends in loss
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
December 23, 1956 - April 8, 2021 Larry Dean Arnold, 64-year-old Bison resident, passed away April 8, 2021, at his home in Bison, with his loving family by his side. He was born December 23, 1956, to Glen and Virginia (Wylie) Arnold in Pampa, Texas. After graduating from Wakita High School i…
- Enid man dies after Saturday morning fire
- Enid man arrested on complaints of attempted armed robbery, shooting from moving vehicle
- Enid man arrested in child pornography case
- Suddenlink to reopen Thursday following notice of license revocation from tax commission
- OSDH: Oklahoma reports 1,300 extra COVID-19 cases, 1,716 deaths Wednesday due to 'reconciled data'
- Cattle drive to celebrate Chisholm Trail, famous border town
- Chisholm High principal, assistant principal resign from posts; district board approves replacements
- Commission leaves ordinance proposal on the table, but will create exploratory committee of racial data
- OHP: Waukomis man injured in one-vehicle crash in Kingfisher County
- Watonga Lake to be drained for dam repairs this summer