Enid High School golfer Jessica Fleming has earned a trip to the U.S. Junior Amateur in Boise, Idaho, which begins July 18.
The U.S. Junior Amateur features top golfers from all over the United States and some from other countries.
Fleming qualified for the elite, 154-participant field with a top-four finish at a USGA sponsored sectional qualifier at Persimmon Woods Golf Club in Weldon Spring, Mo., Wednesday.
Fleming shot a 77, which put her in a four-way tie for third place and sent her into a sudden death playoff.
She secured her spot on the first hole, leaving the other three golfers to compete for the fourth spot on the second sudden-death hole.
The sectional qualifier displayed 24 golfers from Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Illinois and Tennessee.
The winning score was a 72, and the second-place golfer scored a 76.
Fleming will be a senior at EHS this fall.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
HELENA - Services are pending with Lanman Funeral Home, Inc. of Helena. www.lanmanmemorials.com Facebook: Lanman Funeral Home Inc.
GARBER - Celebration of Life Service for Winston George Worrell, 80 of Garber will be 10 am Wednesday at the Garber Christian Church. Burial will follow in the Garber Cemetery under the direction of Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home.
ENID - Services for Dr. William Simon, age 90, of Enid are pending with Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home. Dr. Simon passed away Thursday, June 4, 2020, at his home.
- Updated: Protesters march in downtown Enid in reaction to George Floyd's death
- JCPenney in Oakwood Mall to close, company says
- Framework released for Oklahoma schools opening amid outbreak
- OSDH: 80 new COVID-19 cases, including 2 in NW Okla., 5 more deaths reported Saturday
- Riots erupt overnight in Oklahoma City in protest of George Floyd incident
- OSDH: 88 new COVID-19 cases, no deaths reported Sunday; active cases increase
- Vance seeking public help to end 'lasing' of aircrew at night
- City to follow state reopening plan; theater deal approved
- OSDH to again release COVID-19 cases for all counties; numbers increase by 119 Tuesday
- Fired Enid worker to receive money in lawsuit settlement