‘Is He Dead?’
8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, 7 p.m. Thursday
Gaslight Theatre, 221 N. Independence
While you’re out enjoying First Friday, or perhaps later in the weekend, check out Gaslight Theatre’s newest production, ‘Is He Dead?’.
The play runs today through Sunday, as well as Sept. 12-14 at the theater, located at 221 N. Independence.
Tickets for the performance this evening and Saturday cost $7, $11 or $15; special matinee prices for Sunday and this coming Thursday are $7 and $10.
"Is He Dead?" is a comedy created by Mark Twain about a young painter, Jean-Francois Millet, who is in love with a woman but indebted to a villainous dealer. When the dealer forecloses on Millet and threatens to throw him in prison unless his love marries him, Millet fakes his own death in order to achieve fame and fortune, all while posing as his own sister and trying to prevent the dealer from marrying his beloved.
For more information or tickets, go to gaslighttheatre.org, or call (580) 234-2307.
6-9 p.m. tonight
Live music, local shopping — it’s that time again. It’s the first Friday of the month, which means it’s time for Main Street Enid’s First Friday downtown.
Perfomers include Logan Watkins, at 2nd Story Downtown; Back Home Again, at Soapweeds & Cactus; and Backstage Pass, at Cafe Garcia.
Several businesses will have specials, door prizes and refreshments.
For a complete listing of tonight’s events, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/375052732623287/.
FOCUS ON WHAT'S COMING UP
Cherokee Strip Celebration Schedule
Friday, Sept. 13
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Western movies at Public Library of Enid and Garfield County
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Cherokee Strip Lunch Rush — Indian taco lunch, courthouse lawn
• 6 p.m.: Lanter tours, Cherokee Strip Regional Heritage Center
• 6 p.m.: Music on the Square — The Cory Keller Band, courthouse Llwn
• 8 p.m.: Movie and Meal on the Square, courthouse lawn
• 10:30 p.m.: Friday the 13th secret movie — Retro Theatre, courthouse awn
Saturday, Sept. 14
• 7:30 a.m.: Hiland Partners Great Land Run, downtown
• 8 a.m.: Enid Farmers Market, downtown
• 9 a.m.: Be Fit Kids Fun Run, downtown
• 9 a.m.: Enid Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony, Convention Hall
• 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Cherokee Strip Festival, courthouse lawn — Activities include trick roping show, 12:30 p.m.; Old West gunfight, 1 and 1:45 p.m.; music, food, inflatables and more.
• 10:30 a.m.: Cherokee Strip Parade and Kids Bicycle Parade, downtown
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Western movies, library
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Quilt airing and sale, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
• 7 p.m.: Rodney Atkins Concert, Enid Event Center.
Sunday, Sept. 15
• 2-4 p.m.: Run to Leonardo’s — family fun festival, Leonardo’s Discovery Warehouse.