Cherokee Strip Celebration
There’s certainly no shortage of things to do in Enid this weekend, especially since the Cherokee Strip Celebration is here once again. New activities have been added this year. Make sure you take some time to attend one or more of these events this weekend.
7 p.m. Saturday
Enid Event Center
Country music artist Rodney Atkins will be in Enid Saturday as a culmination to the day’s Cherokee Strip Celebration events.
Atkins’ platinum-selling album, “If You’re Going Through Hell,” contains RIAA-certified Gold songs “These Are My People” and “Cleaning This Gun,” as well as an RIAA-certified Platinum song, “Watching You.”
The title track to his 2011 album, “Take A Back Road,” won Song of the Year at the 2012 BMI Awards. He has performed the song on NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Atkins currently is working on his fifth studio album.
Joining Atkins will be Rose Falcon, an up-and-coming artist who has been named one of Country Weekly’s “Ones to Watch in 2013,” as well as CMT’s “Next Women of Country.”
Tickets are $25 or $29 and are on sale at enideventcenter.com, or by calling 855-TIX-ENID.
For more information, call the Event Center at (580) 234-1919.
Cherokee Strip Celebration schedule
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Western movies at Public Library of Enid and Garfield County
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Cherokee Strip Lunch Rush — Indian taco lunch, courthouse lawn
• 6 p.m.: Lanter tours, Cherokee Strip Regional Heritage Center
• 6 p.m.: Music on the Square — The Cory Keller Band, courthouse lawn
• 8 p.m.: Movie and meal on the Square, courthouse lawn
• 10:30 p.m.: Friday the 13th secret movie — Retro Theatre, courthouse lawn
• 7:30 a.m.: Hiland Partners Great Land Run, downtown
• 8 a.m.: Enid Farmers Market, downtown
• 9 a.m.: Be Fit Kids Fun Run, downtown
• 9 a.m.: Enid Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony, Convention Hall
• 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Cherokee Strip Festival, courthouse lawn — Activities include trick roping show, 12:30 p.m.; Old West gunfight, 1 and 1:45 p.m.; music, food, inflatables and more.
• 10:30 a.m.: Cherokee Strip Parade and Kids Bicycle Parade, downtown
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Western movies, library
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Quilt airing and sale, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
• 7 p.m.: Rodney Atkins Concert, Enid Event Center