OKLAHOMA CITY — A woman was injured in a suspected natural gas explosion at an Oklahoma City home and was pulled to safety by a utility worker investigating a reported gas leak.
Fire officials say the woman was in her 60s and was baking cookies when the home blew Thursday at about 5 p.m.
An Oklahoma Natural Gas employee was in the area investigating a report from someone who smelled gas. He ran into the back door of the home and brought out the woman, who was treated at the scene and refused hospitalization.
Cause of the blast is under investigation.
Officials say the house was destroyed and surrounding homes suffered significant damage.
Deputy Chief Marc Woodard says it's remarkable no one was killed.