CLINTON, Okla. — Prosecutors say no charges will be filed against two Custer County deputies who fatally shot an 18-year-old man last year.
District Attorney Dennis Smith says the two deputies were justified in the deadly shooting of Mah-hi-vist Goodblanket. Deputies were called by Goodblanket's parents to his home on Dec. 21 because he was breaking windows and doors. Deputies say they opened fire after the teen attacked them with a knife.
An autopsy found that Goodblanket had been shot seven times.
Custer County Sheriff Bruce Peoples say both deputies have returned to work. The sheriff says one of the deputies shot his own hand during the scuffle, which required the amputation of a finger.
The teen's parents say they're disheartened with the decision.
AP Source: The Oklahoman