ENID, Okla. — BASEBALL
• Enid Baseball Camp will have its 48th year of operation 8:30-11:30 a.m. June 3-14 at David Allen Memorial Ballpark.
The camp is for players ages 4-10 and has a limited enrollment.
The camp stresses fundamentals, but is not competitive. The players must furnish their own equipment, including glove and bats. They should wear long pants because they will have sliding practice.
The camp will furnish a T-shirt, cap, all catching gear, batting helmets and baseballs. Players are advised to keep their baseballs at home.
Besides instruction, there will be a popsicle day, a baseball card day and major league training films.
Prizes will be presented to winners in the pitching, hitting and fielding contests.
Cost is $150 and includes a T-shirt.
Players may register by writing the camp at 301 South Grand, Enid OK 73701. For information, contact Reeta Williams at either (580) 366-8350 or 249-3574 (fax), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pioneer Baseball Camp, conducted by Mustangs coach Dave Riesen, will run 9 a.m. to noon June 3-7.
Cost is $65. The camp will provide transportion.
For information, contact Riesen at driesen@ppv. k12.ok.us or call 242-2091.
• Northwest Oklahoma Basketball Academy, operated by Northern Oklahoma College Enid men’s coach Greg Shamburg, former NBA star Brent Price and Oklahoma Bible Academy boys coach Alan Ford, will run June 10-14 at OBA.
The camp for both boys and girls will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for ages 11-18 and from 9 a.m. to noon for ages 6-10. Cost is $150 for 11-18 and $75 for 6-10 and includes a T-shirt.
The camp is designed to build a foundation in fundamentals, a grassroots approach to the game.
A non-refundable deposit of $50 must accompany the application. Checks should be payable to Northwest Oklahoma Basketball Academy and mailed to Shamburg, Northern Oklahoma College Enid, 100 South University Ave., Enid OK 73703. For information, call Shamburg at 548-2348.
A camp bank will be provided for each individual camper. Each camper can leave money for drinks or lunch. Water and energy drinks will be sold at the concession stand. Campers can bring lunch or order pizza through the camp. No campers will be allowed to leave without adult supervision at lunch time.
• Northern Oklahoma College Enid assistant Katie Snodgrass Mahoney and her aunt, Jackie Sternberger, a former Southwestern Oklahoma State star and ex-prep coach, will conduct a basketball camp June 3-6 at the Oakwood Activity Center.
• 5th-8th grade boys and girls, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Elite high school girls, 1 to 4 p.m.
Cost is $100. Additional siblings cost $50. A T-shirt is included.
For information, call Snodgrass at (405) 488-4421.�