Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Snow, sleet and freezing temperatures forced postponements Thursday of Oklahoma high school basketball playoff games at 15 sites, including the Chisholm Trail Expo Center and Chisholm High School, altering postseason schedules in regional and area tournaments.
Among the rescheduled Thursday games was the Enid Pacers’ 6A regional at Tulsa Washington against Mustang. The game now will be played at 6:30 tonight. The Plainsmen’s game against Broken Arrow at Bartlesville, also scheduled for today at 6:30 p.m., was not impacted and will be played today as scheduled.
Most postponements forced games to shift from Thursday-Friday-Saturday to Friday-Saturday-Monday, keeping the same time schedule in place.
Thursday’s rescheduled games included:
• Class B Area at Woodward
• Class B Area at Cleveland
• Class A Area at Chisholm Trail Expo Center Coliseum
• Class 2A Regional at Chisholm
• Class 2A Regional at Morrison
• Class 3A Regional at Perkins
• Class 3A Regional at Marlow
• Class 3A Regional at Muskogee Civic Center
• Class 3A Regional at Verdigris
• Class 3A Regional at Beggs
• Class 4A Regional at John Marshall
• Class 4A Regional at Berryhill
• Class 4A Regional at Weatherford (Thursday games moved to 2:30/4 p.m., evening games as scheduled)
• Class 5A Regional at Piedmont (Girls games moved to Friday at 6:30/8 p.m.)
• Class 6A Regional play at Tulsa Washington (girls games moved to Friday at 6:30/8 p.m. Pacers play Mustang at 6:30 p.m.)
Also postponed was Northern Oklahoma College Enid’s women-men’s doubleheader at Connors State, which was rescheduled for 2 and 4 p.m. Saturday.
The National Weather Service forecasts mostly clear skies through Sunday night, which was given a 30-percent chance of showers and a low of 30 degrees
. The service also gave a 20-percent chance of showers Monday.
For more updates on scheduling changes, check the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association’s website at www.ossaa.com.