Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
• Enid High School football coach Steve Chard is conducting a Plainsmen football camp Monday through Wednesday for players in grades 2-6. The camp will be held at D. Bruce Selby Stadium and runs from 6 - 7:30 p.m. each day.
Cost is $50 per player, which can be paid on the first day of camp. For more information, go to www.plainsmenfootball.com.
• Northern Oklahoma College Enid women’s basketball coach Scott Morris will conduct the Oakwood Christian Basketball Camp Monday through Thursday at the Oakwood Activity Center.
The camp is for boys and girls in grades 3-6 and will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The camp will emphasize fundamental skill development, quality basketball instruction and development of spirit, mind and body.
Cost is $75 and includes a T-shirt.
Campers may either bring a sack lunch or bring money for lunch at the OAC cafe.
For information, call the OAC at 234-4464. Camp information may be downloaded at www.myoakwood.org/basketball camp.
• Applications for the NOC Lady Mavs summer girls’ basketball camp are now being accepted, according to Northern Oklahoma College Head Women’s Basketball Coach Greg Krause. Camp dates on the Tonkawa campus are July 7 through 12 for girls entering grades 8-12.
Krause said, “Air conditioned dorms house our campers. Two gyms are available, the main gym being air conditioned. Also, a six-lane, Olympic-size indoor swimming pool is open for the campers’ use, and our college cafeteria provides meals.”
A brochure with camp details, schedule and application can be found on the NOC Website, www.noc.edu/lady-mav-basketball-camp.
The training includes mass drills and station drills. Team fast break offense skills will be taught, including work on floor balance, filling lanes, court spacing, advancing the ball and proper shot selection. Competitions in one-on-one, two-on-two and three-on-three drills, a free throw contest and league games are part of the daily schedule.
For more information contact Krause at (580) 628-6733 or email@example.com
• Enid High soccer coach Craig Liddell will direct two weeks of camps this summer — July 22-26 for high school players and July 29-Aug. 1 for five-year-olds through the eighth-grade.
Camp forms and information are available at Soccer World (223 W. Randolph) and the EHS school office or on line at www.enidpublicschools.org/soccer camp.
Liddell can be contacted at (580) 747-7763.
The high school camp will run from 8:30-11 a.m. and from 1-2:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. Cost is $50 and includes a T-shirt.
The younger camp will meet from 8:30-11 a.m. Five-and-six-year olds will go from 8:30-10. Cost is $60 for the older players and $40 for the five and six-year olds and includes a T-shirt.
• Oklahoma State soccer coach Colin Carmichael will conduct his OSU Soccer Camp Wednesday through Friday at the Enid Soccer Complex, 1520 W. Poplar.
There will be six two-hour sessions — 9-11 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. each day. It will be from 4-6 p.m. on June 28.
It’s open to both boys and girls. Cost is $250.
Registration forms should be mailed to Justin Elkington, OSU Associate Head Coach, OSU Athletics Center — 160 P, Stillwater, OK 74078.
For information, phone (918) 852-9648 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oakwood Country Club pro Jim Shaughnessy will hold his second camp session July 8-Aug. 1 at the camp’s indoor courts.
The camp will have three age groups — 4-8 which will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday; 8-12, which will meet from 1-2 p.m. on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday and 12-over, which will meet from 2-3 p.m. on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday.
Shaughnessy said the lessons will have a new format because rules for kids tennis have been changed to be more fun. Space is limited.
Cost is $85 for Oakwood members and $100 for non-members. A participant’s parent or guardian must sign a waiver before the child will be permitted to play. Waivers are available at the JS Tennis Pro Shop at the club. Players can sign up by calling either Shaughnessy at (580) 278-1074 or e-mailing at email@example.com.