Images of September 11, 2001
- Photo Slideshow
- Photo Slideshow: Scenes from the past 48 hours in Boston For a time, it seemed like the dragnet that had shut down a metropolitan area of millions while legions of police went house to house looking for the suspected Boston Marathon bomber had failed. But then there were cheers of jubilation as the suspect, who had been holed up in a boat in Watertown, was driven away by police, captured at last. The manhunt was over. Here is a gallery of photos looking back at the past 48 hours in the search for the Boston Marathon bombers.
- Photo slideshow: China quake leaves dozens dead, thousands hurt Residents huddled outdoors Saturday, April 20, 2013, in a town near the epicenter of a powerful earthquake that struck the steep hills of China's southwestern Sichuan province, leaving at least 156 people dead and more than 5,500 injured. Saturday morning's earthquake triggered landslides and disrupted phone and power connections in mountainous Lushan county five years after another devastating quake wreaked widespread damage across the region.
- Photo slideshow: Boston bombing suspect in the crowd Photographers snapping pictures on race day catch images of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings that helped law enforcement officials identify and find them. Here are some of those images.
- Photo slideshow: West, Texas, plant explosion The ground shook with the strength of a small earthquake when a fertilizer plant in West, Texas, exploded Wednesday evening. Police say the blast killed 5 to 15 people and injured more than 160 others. Here are some images of the aftermath of the explosion:
- Photo slideshow of Boston Marathon attack: 'To the ends of the Earth' to find those who did this Scores of victims remained in hospitals, many with grievous injuries, a day after the twin explosions near the marathon's finish line killed three people, wounded more than 170 and reawakened fears of terrorism.
- Photo slideshow: Good Friday in Enid Members of three churches in downtown Enid observe Good Friday during a noon service and processional March 29, 2013.
- Photo slideshow: Hayes HealthierUS Students at Hayes Elementary School were full of pride to be “one of a kind” Thursday when they celebrated being the only Oklahoma school to garner the Silver Award in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s HealthierUS School Challenge.
- Photo slideshow: Preserving memories Wess and Jolene Gray have begun a project at their photography business they think will preserve the memory of some of those people in businesses that won’t be around much longer, or trades that are dying out or going through massive changes. Wess said the photos are a way of preserving some occupations that don’t exist anymore. A photo is a memento that will trigger a memory, and Wess said people need something to take them away from the cares of the day. Here are a few of his photographs that hang on the wall of their photography studio.
- Photo slideshow: 'There's no words' for Connecticut tragedy A gunman opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school, killing 26 people, including 20 children, by blasting his way through the building as young students cowered helplessly in classrooms while their teachers and classmates were shot. The attack, coming less than two weeks before Christmas, was the nation's second-deadliest school shooting, exceeded only by the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007.
- More Photo Slideshow Headlines
- October News