Enid News & Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Christmas is the season of giving, and there are many ways you can give this year to make live a little brighter for someone.
We know times have been tough, but that’s all the more reason to help others out if you can. There are several wonderful organizations in Enid that would love any help you can provide.
To name a few, we have:
• Food for Kids. The Enid News & Eagle sponsors a Community Christmas Card, with all money raised going to Food for Kids and the backpack program that provides food for school kids.
To help out, you can come to the News & Eagle, and for $1, you can sign the Community Christmas Card.
The money will be used to send backpacks full of non-perishable food items home with students identified as being chronically hungry.
• Salvation Army. The organization has its red kettles and bell ringers out at businesses across town. Money raised during the Red Kettle drive helps out local families during the holiday season and helps fund Salvation Army programs throughout the year.
Salvation Army also has its Spruce Up a Life program and Angel Tree program, in which volunteers provide gifts for needy families.
Call the Salvation Army at 237-1910 for details.
• YWCA Enid has its Adopt a Family program, which matches donors with families temporarily staying in the crisis shelter. It also has its Sponsor a Teen program to provide Christmas gifts to teens in area low-income families.
Call 234-7581 to help.
• Toys for Tots. The Marine Corps Reserve and Toys for Tots Foundation need toys to provide for deserving children.
Call 548-6166 to find out how to donate.
• Christmas Task Force, a combined effort by Catholic Charities and Hope Outreach.
Call 237-7352 for details.
• Shop with a Cop. Enid Police Department, Southside Recycling and Kmart work to give children a chance to buy whatever they want in the store. Families also receive a gift card to purchase groceries.
Donations are needed by Monday. Email EPD officer Steve Varney at firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to help.
All we need is for you to give so Christmas will be a little brighter for someone.