Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
We encourage area voters to head to the polls today to decide a number of important local issues.
In Garfield County, polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday in Enid and Garber for municipal elections and in the Kremlin-Hillsdale and Waukomis school districts for bond issue elections.
• In Enid, voters will decide an amendment to the city charter to provide for collective bargaining for municipal employees.
• Voters in Garber will decide whether to approve the renewal of a 25-year franchise agreement with OG&E Electric Services.
• Kremlin-Hillsdale Public School patrons will decide an $8.8 million bond issue to fund construction of a new junior high and high school with storm shelter.
• Waukomis schools are asking for approval of two propositions. Proposition 1 seeks $2.49 million for construction of a community storm shelter and physical education facility.
• Beyond Garfield County, voters in Alva will decide whether to expand the use of a sales tax benefiting their hospital, while Ringwood Public Schools patrons will decide a bond issue.
We’ve already written about these issues. If you haven’t seen the articles, we encourage you to visit EnidNews.com to read them prior to voting.
Please take time to vote on these important local issues. If you don’t exercise your right to vote, you don’t have a right to complain.