The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

February 16, 2014

13 of Enid’s city boards, commissions have openings

Enid News and Eagle

ENID, Okla. — If you want to get involved in your community, the city of Enid has just the way to do it.

There currently are vacancies on 13 of the city’s boards and commissions. These groups serve a variety of roles in city government. Some mainly advise city commissioners on policy, while others have oversight authority for operations of a city department.

Positions currently are open on:

• Aviation Advisory Board.

• Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals.

• Metropolitan Area Planning Commission.

• Enid Joint Recreation Triad.

• Park Board.

• Tree Board.

• Historic Preservation Commission.

• Enid Public Transportation Authority.

• Board of Adjustment.

• Vance Development Authority.

• Meadowlake Golf Course Advisory Board.

• Community Development Block Grant Funding Commission.

• ADA Access Board.

Applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday. City commissioners plant to vote on appointments at the March 4 meeting.

Information about these positions, including qualifications and requirements, can be obtained from the city of Enid. The positions usually require a commitment to meet once a month for a three- or four-year term. Application forms can be picked up at the city clerk’s office, 401 W. Garriott, or by calling (580) 616-7271. Forms can be downloaded from the city’s website,  

This is your chance to get involved. The time commitment is not overly taxing, and you will be doing something to help the city. You might even have fun, too.