By Robert Barron, Staff Writer
Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
The final day of filing for municipal and school board positions Wednesday brought a flurry of candidates out.
Enid voters will have choices in all three city commission seats up for election in February.
Rodney Timm and former commissioner Loyd Kaufman filed Wednesday for the Ward 4 seat. In Ward 3, Eldon Stephens filed for election Wednesday.
Ward 6 had no additional candidates file.
The races for Enid City Commission are:
• Ward 3, Ben Ezzell and Eldon Stephens.
• Ward 4, Rodney Timm and Loyd Kaufman.
• Ward 6, Joey Meibergen, David Vanhooser and Mickey De La Cruz.
The election will be Feb. 12. A runoff, if necessary in Ward 6, will be in May. New commissioners will take office in May.
One race developed after filings for county school board seats. That is for the Kremlin-Hillsdale Office 3 seat. Incumbent Kent Keithly will face Robbie Gray.
Other school board filings were:
• Autry Technology Center, Zone 1 —Leslie Clickner, incumbent.
• Chisholm Office 3, Jennifer Kisling, incumbent.
• Covington-Douglas Office 3, Ross W. Gregg, incumbent.
• Drummond, Office No. 3, Forrest Mann.
• Enid Office 1, Cheryl Patterson.
• Enid Office 3, Ernie Currier, incumbent.
• Enid Office 6, Kyle Whitehead, incumbent.
• Garber Office 3, Lee Schnaithman, incumbent.
• Pioneer-Pleasant Vale Office 3, John Stone, incumbent.
• Waukomis Office 3, Joseph Vaverka.