Enid News and Eagle
Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb is scheduled to be one of the featured speakers at the 2013 Red Carpet Country annual tourism conference set for Feb. 26.
The conference will be in the newly renovated Convention Hall.
Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department has divided the state into six regions, and Red Carpet Country serves the communities of northwest and north central Oklahoma, including Enid, Woodward, Guymon, Ponca City and Perry.
The theme for the 2013 conference is “Cashing In On Your Historic Heritage.” Lamb, an Enid native, will speak at 1:45 p.m.
The conference will start at 8:30 a.m. with a continental breakfast. Speakers are:
• 9 a.m. — “Making the Most of TravelOk.com,” by Jennifer Kalkman, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department.
• 10 a.m. — “Here’s the Money: Successful Fundraising and Grant Writing,” by Sandie Olson, Air and Rail Museum, Waynoka.
• 11 a.m. — ”Bring on the Group Tours,” by Carol Jordan, Territorial Tours.
After-lunch programs are:
• 12:30 p.m. — “Agritourism: Cultivating Tourists,” by Lori Coats, Western Division coordinator, Oklahoma Agritourism, and Kenton Baird, Nightmare in the Country, Woodward.
• 2:15 p.m. — Idea-sharing session with facilitator Tina Gilliland.
A live auction is set for 3 p.m., and the conference ends at 3:30 p.m.
Tickets are $30 and must be purchased before Feb. 19. Tickets are available at Enid Welcome Center, 123 W. Maine, or by contacting Red Carpet Country office at (800) 447-2698.