The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

September 1, 2013

Home on East Pine damaged by cooking fire

Staff reports
Enid News and Eagle

ENID, Okla. — A cooking fire severely damaged a home on East Pine early Sunday.

According to an Enid Fire Department report, at about 10:43 a.m., the department received a call stating there was a grease fire in the kitchen at 1017 E. Pine.

When firefighters arrived, they reported a single-story structure with flames showing.

OG&E Electric Services was called and disconnected the power. Firefighters battled the blaze until nearly noon, when it was finally out.

Fire Marshal Ken Helms said the kitchen, utility room and laundry room were destroyed, and there was smoke damage throughout the house. One male occupant was home at the time and was not injured.

Helms said the fire was an accidental cooking fire and no investigation will follow.