Photo slideshow: Dust storm closes interstate
Photos show the scene Thursday as multiple accidents close a portion of Interstate 35 south of Blackwell, Okla. There were injuries but no fatalities, according to Oklahoma Highway Patrol Thursday.
- Local news
REVIEW: Rucker, Nail, Eli Young Band rock event center
Oh ... there was also a little Hootie mixed in.
UPDATE: Grandfather killed in parking lot accident
“On arrival, emergency responders found that the victim was bleeding and still breathing as they begin preparing him for transportation to the hospital.” Capt. Jack Morris, Enid Police Department
Five finalists: Main Street Enid is up for state awards
Finalists will be honored — and winners announced — May 6 at the 25th annual Main Street awards banquet at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City.
- Grinning ear to ear: Jo Jo wins reserve grand champion steer for Drummond 4-H’er
- Diplomatic immunity: Moorish American claims status, fails to appear for misdemeanor jury trial
- C.S. Lewis class begins on Sunday
Study: Strongest Oklahoma earthquake may have been human-induced
U.S. Geological Survey says a new study published this week suggests the magnitude 5.7 quake of November 2011 was caused by wastewater injection.
- Snowcast: Rain will change to snow, but warmup is in future forecast
Quake centered 27 miles northeast of Enid
The depth of the temblor was about 3 miles, according to USGS.
YMCA reaches funding goal — and then some
This year’s campaign, led by Cathy Stocker and Peter Dillingham, raised $151,320 and added 118 new members to the Y. The goal was to raise $140,000.
- More Local news Headlines
- REVIEW: Rucker, Nail, Eli Young Band rock event center