Enid News and Eagle
WAUKOMIS, Okla. —
The 58th annual Southwest Garfield County District Fair and Sooner Celebration will be Thursday through Saturday in Waukomis.
The livestock show will be Thursday, and is open to students in Drummond, Cimarron, Pioneer-Pleasant Vale and Waukomis schools. The sheep show will begin at 5:30 p.m., with the goat show at 6 p.m., the beef show at 8 p.m. and the swine show at 9 p.m.
Waukomis United Methodist Church will host gospel music and an ice cream social at 7 p.m. Friday.
A full slate of events are scheduled for Saturday.
Events and times are:
• 6-7 a.m. — registration for 5K walk/run on Main Street.
• 7:10 a.m. — fun run on Main Street.
• 7:30 a.m. — 5K walk/run on Main Street sponsored by Waukomis Park and Beautification Committee.
• 12:30 p.m. — horticulture, crop and poultry show in the ag room.
• 10 a.m. — horseshoe pitching tournament and kids games in the ACB Bank of Waukomis lot.
• 11 a.m. — “Breaking 4 Jesus” karate demonstration on Main Street.
• Noon — turtle races on Main Street.
• 1:30 p.m. — lawn mower poker run on Main Street.
• 3 p.m. — free watermelon feed on Main Street.
• 4 p.m. — parade on Main Street. Trophies will be given for best antique farm machinery, best antique or classic automobile, best group or organization, best unusual entry, best horse-drawn entry, best float, best entry 12 and under and best entry over 65. Lineup for the parade will be 3:30 p.m. in the high school parking lot.
• 4 p.m. — lawn mower pulling contest at the high school softball field. Concessions are available, and those attending are asked to bring their own lawn chairs.
• Dusk — tentative fireworks program.
Waukomis Fair Board invites vendors to set up booths on Main Street on Saturday. There is no fee.