Clyde Cessna started his airplane ventures in Enid, testing many of his early planes on the salt flats. Unfortunately bankers in Enid would not loan him the money to build his planes, so he moved to Wichita, Kan.
- Local news
YMCA reaches funding goal — and then some
This year’s campaign, led by Cathy Stocker and Peter Dillingham, raised $151,320 and added 118 new members to the Y. The goal was to raise $140,000.
Taking Abbie in the ring
Goat show draws 179 entries at NW District Junior Livestock Show
Woman charged with meth trafficking
Reyes faces four years to life in prison and a fine of $25,000 to $200,000 on the trafficking charge.
- Frontier Festival decoration preparations set at CSRHC
- Garfield County Genealogists to meet Saturday
- Book clearance sale continues at Enid library
- Portion of Chestnut to close next week for work
- Legion to host pre-St. Patrick’s Day meal
- Hastings to host several book signings
- NOC Leadership Council hosting family movie night
- More Local news Headlines
- YMCA reaches funding goal — and then some