The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

Local news

May 15, 2013

Roof fire evacuates Lowe’s

ENID, Okla. — Customers and employees were evacuated from Lowe’s Home Improvement Warehouse in Enid just before closing Tuesday.

The Enid Fire Department was called just before 9 p.m. on a report of smoke wafting throughout the building and through air vents.

When fire crews arrived, they saw fire in the roof under an air conditioning unit and extinguished it. Corporate spokeswoman Karen Cobb confirmed there had been a fire in an A/C unit.

“The store was evacuated safely, and no injuries were reported,” she said.

The store opened for business as usual Wednesday.

1
Text Only
Local news
News Photos


Enid News & Eagle photos taken throughout February 2014. Enjoy full-access all ENE photos at http://enidnews.smugmug.com