Republican meeting set
Republican women and men will meet for their monthly club meeting at 11:30 a.m. May 10 at YWCA Enid, 525 S. Quincy. The program will be presented by Garfield County Sheriff Jerry Niles, and the 2013 GCRW scholarship recipient, Hope Frisbie, will be honored. Visitors are welcome to attend.
Reservations may be made by calling 233-8715 prior to Wednesday. Members are asked to bring to the meeting toiletries to donate to the YWCA and a list of their volunteer hours for the last two years.
Club members are reminded of the fundraiser garage sale, which will be held on May 25 at 2018 Lantern Lane. Donations for the garage sale should be priced and delivered to the sale location on Thursday or Friday evening prior to the Saturday sale.
Quilt guild to hold luncheon
Members of the Pioneer Area Quilters Guild will meet at 11:30 a.m. Monday at St. Paul’s Methodist Church for their annual Spring Salad Luncheon. Hostesses for the luncheon will be Martha Williams, Mary Lou Winter, Patti Howard, Judy Bradley, Cheryl Hillman and Roberta Lee.
Members are asked to bring a dish by 10:45 a.m. that will serve 10-12 people. Each dish should have an index card with preparer’s name and recipe.
Members are reminded to bring the “thread catchers” they made and wear their favorite apron.
The $20 membership dues will be collected at this meeting. A short business meeting, as well as “show and share,” will follow the luncheon.
Pioneer Area Quilt Guild meets the first Monday of each month and guests are always welcome. Contact Sue Roy at (580) 362-3860 or Jacki Bufton at (580) 762-7142 for more information.
Republican meeting set
- Local news
- Slideshow: A holly, jolly Breakfast with Santa The March of Dimes hosted its 15th annual Breakfast with Santa fundraiser Saturday at Enid High School.
Honigsberg: Response to a disaster should be fluid
Enid/county emergency management director's goal is to get everyone visualizing how their organization would respond to a large disaster, and how they can best communicate.
- Can quakes hurt tornado shelters?
- Adopt-A-Family still is needing 9 more sponsors
- Smoldering attic fire causes thousands in damage at residence
- Pickup is destroyed in fire
- Enid Writers Club to host story-sharing Dec. 21
- NOC Enid Community Band concert is Tuesday
- Give the gift of spiritual encouragement
- Enid Aglow International Lighthouse to meet
- More Local news Headlines