Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Main Street Enid’s First Friday and Oktoberfest will be 6-10 p.m. Friday downtown.
Oktoberfest events include cloggers at 6:30 p.m., a polka band starting at 7 p.m. and brauts, beer and a yodeling contest at 8 p.m. on Independence in front of Callahan’s Pub.
In addition, several businesses downtown will have live music, refreshments and giveaways.
• Blissful Bow Boutique — carnival games with prizes and popcorn, as well as giveaways.
• Farmers Insurance — grand opening/open house for the new office at the corner of Randolph and Independence. Door prizes include the grand prize of a $100 gift certificate to Panevino. Gift certificates also are available to On the Sidewalk Cafe, Callahan’s and Make Me Beautiful Salon for highlights. Open until 8 p.m.
• B Hip Kids — cotton candy and passing out glow bracelets.
• Felt Bird — live music by Amy Swanner and Steven Harwood, hot apple cider and cookies.
• For You Boutique —live music and refreshments.
• Grindhouse Tattoo Parlor — live music.
• Lola’s Boutique — live music by Ash Sutter and refreshments.
• Soapweeds & Cactus — live music by Greg Stong.
• Tutu Sweet Bows — cake pops, cookies, punch, giveaways and Fabulous Fred, the balloon animal artist.
• Civitan Club — live music by Back Stage Pass on the courthouse lawn gazebo, beginning at 6 p.m.
• Gaslight Theatre — Horror Cabaret at 8 p.m.
• Public Library of Enid and Garfield County — “Star Wars” movies to celebrate National Star Wars Reads Day. Friends of the Library will have a bake sale.
The 2nd Story and Community Development Support Association will have open houses at the new Non-Profit Center. CDSA will provide free hamburgers and hot dogs.