The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

Local and State News

March 3, 2014

Heating lamp blamed for barn fire

ENID, Okla. — A heating lamp was to blame for a barn fire Saturday night on West Southgate.

Enid Fire Marshal Ken Helms said the barn was fully engulfed in flames when Enid Fire Department firefighters arrived at the 9:25 p.m. call at 4918 W. Southgate.

The barn was home to some sheep, and a heating lamp had been placed inside too close to combustible material, Helms said.

“We did not loose any sheep,” he said, “They were outside the structure when we arrived.”

No one was injured, and damage to the structure was estimated at $45,000, a total loss.

“We were able to extinguish the fire, but were not able to save the structure,” Helms said.

1
Text Only
Local and State News
News Photos


Enid News & Eagle photos taken throughout February 2014. Enjoy full-access all ENE photos at http://enidnews.smugmug.com