The high school and junior high competed in the District Music Contest March 5 at Northwestern Oklahoma State University. Their placings are as follows:
High school: High School Mixed Chorus, I; Large Mixed Ensemble, I; Tenor Bass Ensemble, I; Treble Ensemble, I; Duet — Lawson Thompson and Haley Stacy, I; Solos — Karen Golay, I, Hollie Snow, I and Harrison Muegge, II.
Junior high: Junior High Mixed Chorus, I; Mixed Ensemble, I; Boys Ensemble, I; Girls Ensemble, I; Treble Duet — Abigail Webster and Taylor Tingley, I; Solos — Breagan Tebow, I, and Abigail Webster, I.
All high school groups and solos receiving I’s will compete at the State Music Contest April 18 at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee.
Remember to continue to save for Box Tops For Education. You can get the box tops off a lot of products, or you can shop the Box Tops For Education Marketplace at btfe.com to earn points for our school. There are tons of places you can shop. You can even file your taxes on Turbo Tax and a couple of others to earn points. Just log into the Box Tops For Education website, click on your store and shop away. Thank you to everyone that has been helping the elementary school get some much-needed things.
Make sure to keep checking the DCLA website at dcla.k12.ok.us for school news, scholarships corner, Donors Choose Program, yearbook link for order form, Scholastic book ordering for junior high and high school library and more.
• April 3 — 8th Writing Test I/II/NOC Scholastic Contest, CTB Banquet at Enid Basketball.
• April 4 — Junior high track at Ringwood; NWOSU FFA Contest.
• April 5 — High school track at Okeene; NWOSU FFA Contest.
• April 6 — Prom (grand march at 6:30 p.m., meal at 7 in the old gym).
• April 9 — Junior high track at Chisholm.
• April 10 — 7th math, 8th reading and elementary state testing.
• April 11 — 7th geography, 8th social studies and elementary state testing; high school track at Ringwood; 4-H meeting at UMC.
• April 12 — 7th reading, 8th science and elementary state testing; high school track at Chisholm.