The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

Local and State News

July 13, 2014

Firefighters respond to Suddenlink call

ENID, Okla. — Enid firefighters responded to an incident involving a battery backup computer system short circuiting at the Suddenlink office on Sunday afternoon.

The incident occurred at 12:51 p.m. in the 100 block of East Maine.

When the system overheated, it melted some plastic and “shut down some of the cable Internet operations,” Enid Fire Department Capt. Curtis Howard said.

He said the melting was contained to the computer backup system terminal.

“It didn’t do any property damage. And the employees, when they saw the smoke in the system, they went and pulled one of their extinguishers and pretty much had the fire out before we arrived on scene,” Howard said.

Damage to the system was estimated to be $4,000, he said.

1
Text Only
Local and State News
News Photos


Enid News & Eagle photos taken throughout February 2014. Enjoy full-access all ENE photos at http://enidnews.smugmug.com