The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

August 6, 2013

Small electrical fire forces evacuation of Jumbo Foods

By Robert Barron, Staff Writer
Enid News and Eagle

ENID, Okla. — An electrical worker injured Tuesday in a small fire at Jumbo Foods will return to work Thursday.

The 7:45 a.m. fire forced Jumbo Foods, Willow and Cleveland, to evacuate employees and customers. The store was closed for a while, but re-opened later in the day.

The injured man, Steve Finch, was taken by a co-worker to a local hospital with hand and arm injuries, but was not seriously injured, said Enid Fire Marshal Ken Helms.

A spokesman at K.C. Electric, where Finch works, said he was checked out at the hospital and is expected back to work Thursday.

Finch was working on an electrical panel in the back of the building when another worker heard a pop and the panel caught fire, Helms said. OG&E Electric Services was called to turn off the electricity to the building.

Damage was contained to the electrical panel.