Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
A small cooking fire caused about $3,000 damage to a home in the 200 block of East Walnut early Wednesday.
Enid Fire Department firefighters responded at 1:46 a.m. to 210 E. Walnut on a report of a fire.
When firefighters arrived, Enid Police Department was on scene and an officer had used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire near the home’s stove, Deputy Chief Michael Lawver said. Firefighters pulled out the stove and performed some overhaul to prevent further extension of the fire.
No injuries were reported, and the occupants of the home were able to remain.