ENID — A small fire in the top of an elevator at ADM Milling prompted evacuation of the structure around 10 a.m. Wednesday in the 1300 block of North 4th.
Enid Fire Marshal Ken Helms said officials believe problems with a conveyer belt initiated a smoldering fire at the milling operation. There were no known injuries.
Firefighters engaged Enid Fire Department's 100-foot aerial truck and began pouring water down the shaft and into the compartment where the fire was located. Helms said the truck's platform went up about 70 feet to tackle the fire.
Personnel worked the fire for about an hour before to ensure the blaze was out before standing down to monitor the area.
"I don't think we have any real hazard at this time," Helms said.