The Enid News and Eagle, Enid, OK

Local news

November 23, 2012

Fire damages attic

ENID, Okla. — An early-morning fire alarm brought Enid firefighters to a duplex on Thanksgiving morning.

Firefighters were summoned to 4419 Spring Ridge Road, at 2:43 a.m. and discovered that an electrical short had started a smoldering fire in the attic, said Deputy Fire Chief Darrel Wanzer.

The fire did about $3,000 worth of damage in the attic area.

Wanzer said that report shows the residence had two working smoke detectors that alerted the residence to the smoldering fire. No one was injured.

1
Text Only
Local news
News Photos


Enid News & Eagle photos taken throughout February 2014. Enjoy full-access all ENE photos at http://enidnews.smugmug.com