Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Enid city commissioners Tuesday night appointed 13 members to city advisory boards.
The advisory boards make recommendations to the city commission for issues related to their areas of oversight.
Commissioners made appointments to the Aviation Advisory Board, Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals, Tree Board, Vance Development Authority and ADA Access Board.
• Aviation Advisory Board: Four vacancies were open to be filled by any interested Enid resident. Dr. Roy Camp, Lt. Col. David Chael, James Neal and John Jameson were appointed to the board.
• Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals: One vacancy was to be filled by a licensed plumbing contractor. Mark Arnold was appointed to the open seat.
• Tree Board: Four seats were open to be filled by any interested Enid resident. The commission appointed Shala Miller, Nanci Moore, John Ward and Judy Watson to the board.
• Vance Development Authority: Three vacancies were to be filled — one U.S. Air Force retiree, one director or officer of a local hospital and one at-large member. The appointed members, respectively, are Robert Farrell, Stanley Tatum and Bruce Jackson.
• ADA Access Board. One vacancy was filled with the appointment of Jessica Edwards.
In other advisory board news, the commission voted to increase the number of members on the Park Board from six to eight members. The additional two members will be appointed in a separate commission meeting after public applications are received.
Notice of the open Park Board seats and application procedures will be made available on the city’s website, www.enid.org.