By Phyllis Zorn, Staff Writer
Enid News and Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Enid firefighters fought two attic fires about 10 hours apart Sunday night and Monday morning.
At 9:11 p.m. Sunday, firefighters were summoned to 619 Ridgewood.
Enid Fire Department Capt. Cory Weber said the fire started in cellulose insulation where it was in contact with the home’s chimney. The fire was contained to the attic and is estimated to have caused about $5,000 worth of damage, Weber said.
Firefighters spent about an hour and a half on the scene.
At 7:21 a.m. Monday, firefighters were summoned to a two-story home at 4618 Pine Cone Lane.
“We pulled a line to the attic to extinguish the fire, and there was fire in two walls and in the attic,” Weber said.
Weber said the fire caused about $21,000 damage to a bedroom, a hallway and a bathroom, all on the home’s second floor.
Firefighters were on the scene about an hour and 45 minutes.
No one was injured in either fire, Weber said.