Convention begins 10 a.m. Saturday, Yule Ball is 7:30-10:30 p.m. tonight
Leonardo’s Children’s Museum and Adventure Quest
Enid will host its first-ever Harry Potter-themed convention today and Saturday at Leonardo’s Children’s Museum and Adventure Quest, 200 E. Maple.
Opening up the series of events is the Yule Ball tonight from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Leonardo’s. Cost is $10, with refreshments also available for purchase. Into the Pensieve, a wizard rock band, will perform at the Yule Ball.
Registration for Saturday events begins at 9 a.m., with the convention kicking off at 10 a.m.
Saturday’s schedule of events is as follows:
• 10:15-11 a.m. — Working on a Harry Potter film with Mark Marshall, rarely seen footage
• 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Trivia challenge
• 11 a.m. — Royal Gauntlet Birds of Prey, behind Adventure Quest
• 11 a.m. — Mythical Monsters with Ken Gerhard, upstairs at Leonardo’s
• 1 p.m. — Royal Gauntlet Birds of Prey
• 2 p.m. — Magician
• 3 p.m. — Costume contest
• 3:30 p.m. — OSU vs OBU Quidditch Match, around the corner from Leonardo’s
• 5 p.m. — TriWizard Challenge, AdventureQuest. Competitors will race through AdventureQuest castle for the title of TriWizard Champion.
• 8 p.m. — Showing of “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.” Movie costs $10.
Cost of the convention is $25 for adults, $15 for kids 6-12 and $20 with student ID. If you would like to attend the convention, Yule Ball and the movie, cost is $40 for adults, $30 for kids 6-12 and $35 with a student ID.
Tickets are available at iloveenid.com.
7 p.m. Monday
Enid Event Center
Elephants, tigers and clowns will be only a few of the many things to experience Monday night at Enid Event Center as the Circus Spectacular rolls into town.
Special attractions include Giancarlo’s Tigers; Broadway Bo, the world’s largest performing elephant; Priceless Pachyderms, trained by Larry Carden; Johnny the clown and his sidekick Baby Pach; Guiming Meng, performing balancing acts; and Extreme Circus Riders.
Tickets are $19 for general admission, with special reserved seats available at $26. Ringmaster VIP seats are $35. Children who have not reached their third birthday are free, but must sit in a parent’s lap.
For tickets, go to EnidEventCenter.com.