By Robert Barron, Staff Writer
Enid News & Eagle
ENID, Okla. —
Thirty-three names will be placed on the Woodring Wall of Honor today during a 10 a.m. Memorial Day program at Enid Woodring Regional Airport.
Col. Darren James, commander of the 71st Flying Training Wing at Vance Air Force Base, will be the featured speaker, said Elaine Johns, event coordinator.
Those to be recognized are Oklahoma soldiers who have died. They are:
• Air Force Capt. Matthew Meyer, Vance AFB, May 11, 2012
• Army 2nd Lt. Tobias C. Alexander, Lawton, May 20, 2012 (RDR)
• Navy Hospitalman Eric D. Warren, Shawnee, May 26, 2012
• Army Reserve Capt. Billy Ross Blankenship, Norman, April 18, 2012
• Army Pfc. Jon Townsend, Claremore, Sept. 16, 2012
• Army Staff Sgt. Rex Schad, Edmond, March 11, 2013
• Air Force Staff Sgt. Daniel N. Fannin, Oklahoma City, April 27, 2013
• Army Pfc. Charles McClure, Stratford, May 2, 2013
• Army 1st Lt. Brandon J. Landrum, Lawton, May 4, 2013
• Army Nicholas “Nick” Edward Huse, Tulsa, June 28, 2005
• Donald Lynn Wann, Shawnee, June 1, 1971, VV Remains
• Lance Cpl. Geoff R. Fisher, Muskogee, March 6, 2007
• Army 1st Class Clifford Earl Beattie, Lawton, May 22, 2011 (RDR)
• Marine Corps Lester James “Jimmy” Veazey, Enid, June 6, 1977
James received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1990. He also attained a Master of Aeronautical Science from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and a Master of Military Operational Art and Science from the Air Command and Staff College in 2003.
State Sen. Patrick Anderson and state Rep. Mike Jackson, both R-Enid, will assist presentations to families of fallen soldiers.
Entertainment will be the Haynes Sisters, who specialize in gospel and big-band music. They have performed for churches, civic events and a variety of charity functions.